You Can Help Us Make a Difference
Our initial event was founded in February 2008 as the “Fat Tuesday Fundraiser” and we did a lot of amazing projects with the funds raised, so our Rotary club continued with the tradition from 2008-2013 to host this even on the evening of Fat Tuesday. However, in 2014, we decided to shift the branding and timing of the event to be on the Friday night before Fat Tuesday, hence the appropriately named, Mardi Gras Kickoff Fundraiser, to help kickoff the festivites!
Our goals and aspirations remain the same. Raise funds to support many organizations close to our Rotary club. This is our Cary MacGregor Rotary Club Foundation’s largest and primary fundraiser each year and we get right to work immediately following the event to allocate funds, volunteer time and sweat equity to get a lot accomplished.
Our 2017/2018 Beneficiaries Include
- Life Experiences (Co-Main Beneficiary)
- US Veterans Corp (Co-Main Beneficiary)
- Boys & Girls Home
- The Carying Place
- Camp Confidence (Cary Police Department)
- Rotary Youth Leadership Award – RYLA
- YMCA (We Build People Campaign)
- Read and Feed
- Local College Scholarships
- Local High School Scholarships
- International Projects in Uganda, Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Haiti
- …among other organizations and community projects here in Cary, NC
For over 30 years, Life Experiences has provided a place for adults with disabilities who strive to become independent and productive citizens, working for pay. We believe that our approach of enhancing self-esteem through regular work and wager earning is one of the best in the area. The variety of work programs at Life Experiences allows us to match the needs of the individual employee with a job that they can master. In addition, we sponsor regular socialization opportunities such as parties, dances and activities.
Today we serve adults with special needs in our five business areas:
- In the bakery, cookies, bread and other goodies are made from scratch by our employees.
- Our commercial laundry provides services to area businesses.
- We sub-contract services such as collating and packaging for local businesses, including rolling silverware for the airlines, packaging dog biscuits, and assembling rib kits.
- We provide confidential shredding services for individuals and companies.
- We package buckwheat hulls and seeds for pillows and craft projects. They are sold online and shipped all over the country.
For more information, visit www.LifeExperiences.com.
We are a Corps of Military Veterans performing “Hands On” community service with a mission deployment attitude! Our Mission: To participate in community service projects & events in the military & civilian community.
What A Few Can Do
The US Veterans Corps was an idea that was based on the experiences that Ft. Bragg & Camp Lejeune Veterans had while volunteering for ABC’s Extreme Makeover Home Edition and Operation: Coming Home.
Operation Coming Home was a project where the members of the Home Builders Association (HBA) built and donated a brand new Hero Home for a disabled combat veteran. The US Veterans Corps Team produced and directed the Operation: Coming Home Key Ceremony event (click here for video) for the HBA. When the keys were delivered and the event ended there was a strong urge from these Veterans to continue the mission; Thus the creation of the US Veterans Corps.
Today we have volunteers from every US Military Branch, Military Spouses, Military BRATS, ROTC, Patriotic Citizens, Foreign Allied Military, and a Parachute and Rappel Team.
For more information, visit www.MYUSVC.com.